Friday, March 20

My Introduction to the Sacred Romance

Hello. I haven't made a real entry in a while, and seeing as I had a new "follower" (Hello Aubrey; however did you find my blog?) I thought I'd make a quick one now.

I've been reading this great book called The Sacred Romance, it's written by Brent Curtis and John Eldredge. It's a book about the Great Story (or "the Sacred Romance") behind every one of our lives; ultimately, it's a book about God's passionate love and desire for us.

Most of us will agree that our lives are stories. They have some kind of plot (even if we don't know what it is), main characters, moments that makes us want to weep with sorrow, and moments that make us want to jump for joy.

What kind of story is this, though? Is it a love story? Is it a war story? Could it be both? Is it a tragedy? Is it some kind of modern comedy? Is it a fairy-tale?

Where can we find the answers to these questions? If we look at the whole thing, taken together, we can find the answers in the Bible. The Sacred Romance shows us how.

I highly recommend you take a look at the book. These podcasts are also excellent.

12 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry i spelled things wrong.. but yeah. dont ask. im not exactly sure...lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOOH. yeah i just asked who you were...sorry. i just read your comment. yeah i definately had to look up the word complacent :)
    ANYWAYS, i wrote "just 13 year old girl" part 2 years ago when it all happened. so much has changed since then. but i still put it in there just to show how i was feeling...then.
    and no i haven't even heard of the book...who's it by? oh, and if it would be easier, you can just email me at:
    luv2-ride@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, this is fine. (:-D)

    So what kinds of things have changed since then?

    Do Hard Things was written by Alex & Brett Harris (younger twin brothers of Josh Harris, if you've heard of him). It's a great book, you should definitely look into it. It's very readable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ok.
    just a lot. being called into missions itself was a HUGE thing, considering i wanted to be a lawyer...haha.
    other things, in terms of my personal relationship with God, and getting rid of those idols in my life, such as the friends that took all of my attention, and just my priorties really. with finding whats really important, and "getting rid of myself".
    oh yeah, i've heard of josh harris. and i'll look for it thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmhmm. "He must become more, I must become less." That might not be exact words, but I know what you're talking about.

    ReplyDelete
  7. yes. exactly. its a very humbling experience.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes. I can definitely see that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. you talk as if you have been through this before...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've experienced something similar; being shaken up and/or broken by God.

    ReplyDelete
  11. hmmm. ok.
    aubrey.
    p.s. i'm not really sure why my name is labeled like this...its weird. sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think you're signed in as your Guatemala group.

    ReplyDelete