Friday, February 13

To Write Love On Her Arms

Today I wrote the word "LOVE" on both of my forearms. My younger sisters asked me why I was doing it, so I explained it to them.

I told them that people hurt inside, and that there are many causes for this hurting. I told them that some people hurt so badly that they try to escape their pain. They do drugs to make them feel good, or they make themselves drunk on alcohol to make them forget, or they hurt themselves; because they think they deserve it, or because it helps them avoid their emotional pain. I told them that these are not good things.

Now comes the "LOVE" part. Some guys got together and decided that they wanted to help people who are hurting
inside like this. Because the first girl they helped (a young woman named Renee) cut herself, they decided to call their organization "To Write Love On Her Arms" as a metaphor for replacing bleeding wounds with love.

Today, February 13th, is "To Write Love On Her Arms Day" and the guys at TWLOHA encouraged us all to write the word "LOVE" on our arms as another way to get the word out about this great organization.

Donations to TWLOHA, as well as the proceeds from t-shirt sales, are used to fund a support center for people to contact when they need help or someone to talk to, and the remainder ($420,000 in the past year) is forwarded to treatment and recovery programs like Mercy Ministries.

I encourage you to support these guys, but not just financially. I want you to go out and be Love to those around you. Start small -- by loving your spouse, your sibling, your parent -- and work your way out through your social circles. Let me remind you that Love is easier to give when you're hooked up to the source of all Love: Jehovah, the creator of the Universe. Before you do anything else, you should get on talking terms with God. If you already talk to God and have a relationship with him, just remember to refresh yourself with His loving cup of Mercy and Forgiveness every day. Whether subtly, or in a massive way, it will change your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment